NIIT Nguru is a holistic range of School Learning Solutions that aims to make the vital process of teaching and learning simpler, thus bringing back the joy of learning for students. NIIT Nguru was launched in 1999 with the prestigious BOOT project awarded by Tamil Nadu Government, targeting 371 government schools in the state.
Now NIIT has extended its Nguru range of solutions to 19 states, touching 88 cities and covering more than 17,000 government and private schools in the country.
It is an integrated and comprehensive teaching, learning and education resource planning solution for the schools that has been designed to address the needs of all key stakeholders within the education realm that includes Students, Teachers, School Management and Parents.
It has created 23,936 hours of content, set up 1,07,209 computer based learning nodes, and selected, trained and certified nearly 4,00,000 computer teachers in India’s schools.
Designed as per the recommendations of National Curriculum Framework-2005, NIIT Nguru integrates the teaching, learning, assessment and analysis processes through optimization of technology.
From Keylong (Himachal Pradesh) in the North, to Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu) in the South, and from Vandh (Gujarat) in the West, to Agartala (Tripura) in the East, the programme spans the length and breadth of the country and has touched 10M students in the farthest and remotest corners of India. NIIT has indirectly contributed to the development of several villages in the country where basic urban facilities like electricity, telephone and internet connectivity was missing. Located in the nooks and crannies of India, these villages now have schools with regular power supply, and telephone and internet connectivity.
NIIT Nguru solutions for schools utilizes appropriate technology as backbone and encompasses all the possible components required to service the present and future learning needs of a school. Nguru suite consists of:
- Interactive Classrooms - an end to end Teaching Learning solution for classrooms that use elements of interactivity, automation and web links library.
- MathLab - state-of-the-art Mathematics Laboratory for schools which comes with Geometer’s Sketchpad Software, Multiple Teaching and Learning Aids like Technology Applications, Videos, Manipulative, Measuring Instruments and Theme Based Ambience.
- IT Wizard - equips the students with core computer knowledge and IT skills.
- Quick School - an Education Resource Planning solution for school management.
- Mobile Science Lab - the first of its kind portable computerized Science Laboratory which enables students to correlate scientific concepts taught in the class to real life.