Chess is an ancient game which aims to develop logical thinking skills in individuals, especially children. It has figured very significantly in the history of India. It enables the development of individuals and subsequently helps them to think logically by improving their analytical skills.
This partnership between DEP-SSA and NIIT shall also be available to teachers and all individuals, who want to learn the game.
It shall also be made available to schools and students, who can use this rich material developed in the program for joyful learning.
Distance Education Program- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (DEP-SSA) is a project set up to provide academic and technical support, through distance education, to the activities of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan. The program is supported by MHRD, Government of India and is implemented through the Indira Gandhi National Open University, IGNOU, a mega institution for ODL system in all the states and UTs of the country.
The Mind Champion’s Academy (NIIT), founded in 2002, has spread the game amongst a million children, across the country.
The program shall be for the duration of six months.
- School children and youth enrolled in government schools under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
- School going children from public schools, vocational institutions, professional institutions
- General public interested in learning chess
- Institutions which includes government, public and private schools
- To introduce chess to children and adolescents across India
- To use the ancient game of chess for the development of young minds
- To build logical thinking, improve analytical and life skills in kids everywhere